The June Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair ended successfully on 22 June at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre.
The Fair, which celebrates its 27th anniversary this year, featured 1,894 exhibitors from 40 countries and regions. They showcased a wide range of quality fine jewellery and jewellery-related materials in over 70,000 square metres of exhibition space.
The Fair welcomed 26,103 visitors from 117 countries and regions over its four-day run. Both exhibitor and visitor numbers are new records for the Fair.
A number of the theme pavilions, including the Gemstone, Diamond and Pearl Pavilions, were re-located this year to respond to the demand for more exhibition space.
“The growth in exhibition space is a milestone of the June Fair. By accommodating more exhibitors, the June Fair’s position as a diverse mid-year marketplace is further strengthened. The encouraging visitor figures further confirm the popularity of the Fair in international markets,” said Celine Lau, Director of Jewellery Fairs, UBM Asia.
“The roughly 10-percent growth in the number of visitors from Asia compared to last year’s edition shows that the region continues to be the engine of growth for the luxury jewellery market,” she said. “The growth in the number of visitors from mainland China and India remained at double-digits this year. This proves these two markets are still robust and growing. We also noticed an increase in the number of buyers from markets outside Asia; Mexico, Tanzania and Colombia were among these markets. This illustrates development of jewellery markets in various regions.”
Below is a detailed account of the visitor numbers at the Fair from 19 to 22 June:
- The total number of unique visitors over four days reached 26,103. These visitors, from 117 countries and regions, made 48,248 visits during the Fair period.
- Hong Kong-based visitors totaled 9,332, accounting for 36 percent of the total number of visitors. The rest of the visitors, 16,771 or 64 percent of the overall total, were from overseas.
- The largest group of visitors from outside Hong Kong came from mainland China, the number recorded being 9,362. The mainland was followed by India, with 1,037; Taiwan, with 805; the Philippines, with 624; Thailand, with 608; Japan, with 511; the United States, with 440; Korea, with 421; Indonesia, with 291 and Australia, with 274.
For more information, see exhibitions.jewellerynetasia.com.