An employee had stayed about 30 minutes after closing with a customer, which held about six other employees on overtime. When the customer made a decision and pulled out a credit card, this employee paused and said, “Why don’t you come back next month during our sale instead of buying now? I think I can find you something you will like even more for less money.”
Told anonymously to INSTORE’s Big Survey, 2016
Latest Fun Stories
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
- Wouldn't You Just Love to Say This to the Customer Who Pooh-Poohs a Complicated Repair?
- Cartoon: And It Was Love at First Sight ...
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.