A fellow came in to return an engagement ring he had just purchased a few weeks earlier. He said his fiancée had refused it, so it was never worn or sized. I offered him a credit and he asked if he could exchange it for yet another new engagement ring. I thought he was joking so I smiled, but noticing him looking in the showcase, I said sure, why not. He mentioned that this new(er) engagement ring was to be intended for his ex-almost-fiancée’s younger sister. “Are you kidding me?” I said. He replied, “I don’t want her older sister to get mad at me for trying to give her younger sister the same ring.” Really? Only from the Appalachian foothills of Ohio. — Told anonymously to INSTORE’s Big Survey, 2016
This article originally appeared in the September 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: Jewelry Design Is a Labor of Love
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Creates the Tool to End All Tools
- Gene Creates Lots of 'Custom' Jewelry ... But Does He Really?
- Believe It or Not, Avocado Ring Boxes Are Now a Thing
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.