Porter Lyons, New Orleans, LA
Jewelry designer Ashley Porter derives her inspiration from cultures around the world, with a concentration on New Orleans, where her family heritage dates to the 1860s. She holds a bachelor of science degree in marketing and a master of finance from Tulane University, as well as a graduate degree from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles. After working for Balenciaga and Ralph Lauren in New York, she returned to New Orleans and late last year opened her first retail location in the city’s French Quarter. Porter recently launched the Crescent City Collection, which features the astrological placement of New Orleans, with each piece hiding the altitude and longitude of the city in its design.
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: Jewelry Design Is a Labor of Love
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Creates the Tool to End All Tools
- Gene Creates Lots of 'Custom' Jewelry ... But Does He Really?
- Believe It or Not, Avocado Ring Boxes Are Now a Thing
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.