Which is basically not at all.
In the video below you'll meet Gene the Jeweler, a creation of industry consultant Jimmy DeGroot.
Gene is likable and earnest, but he's also a little, well, clueless. You should definitely try not to be a Gene.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
In this episode, Gene is interviewed about how he trains his employees. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a lot to say on the topic — because he doesn't offer any training. In fact, Gene mishears "train your employees" as "tame your employees," and you start to wonder if that actually says something about the way he thinks!
And it soon becomes clear that Gene, who took over the business from his parents, isn't doing so well. He's doing everything in his business from accounting to cleaning to decorating, but he's not seeing any growth.
The character is a parody, but for some jewelers, the underlying themes might hit close to home.
Maybe there's something to this training thing after all?
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Creates the Tool to End All Tools
- Gene Creates Lots of 'Custom' Jewelry ... But Does He Really?
- Believe It or Not, Avocado Ring Boxes Are Now a Thing
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
- What I Should Have Said to This Rude Customer to Shut Down His Piracy Proposal
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.