Gene the Jeweler is sure things will improve.
If you've been keeping up with the Gene the Jeweler series, you know that Gene doesn't exactly train his people. And predictably, that leads to problems in his store ...
In this episode, we learn about an employee we'll call Tardy Jeremy. Jeremy's chronic failure to come in on time is creating a "burning, shared, semi-murderous resentment."
Gene has talked with Jeremy about the problem "in passing" but hasn't tackled it head-on. Still, he's convinced that things will get better — somehow. He's not at all ready to let Jeremy go.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Gene is, of course, a parody created by jewelry marketing specialist Jimmy DeGroot. The series is kind of like a jewelry-industry version of The Office.
But in many jewelry stores, these types of issues are anything but fiction.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: Jewelry Design Is a Labor of Love
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Creates the Tool to End All Tools
- Gene Creates Lots of 'Custom' Jewelry ... But Does He Really?
- Believe It or Not, Avocado Ring Boxes Are Now a Thing
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.