Gene the Jeweler is sure things will improve.
If you've been keeping up with the Gene the Jeweler series, you know that Gene doesn't exactly train his people. And predictably, that leads to problems in his store ...
In this episode, we learn about an employee we'll call Tardy Jeremy. Jeremy's chronic failure to come in on time is creating a "burning, shared, semi-murderous resentment."
Gene has talked with Jeremy about the problem "in passing" but hasn't tackled it head-on. Still, he's convinced that things will get better — somehow. He's not at all ready to let Jeremy go.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Gene is, of course, a parody created by jewelry marketing specialist Jimmy DeGroot. The series is kind of like a jewelry-industry version of The Office.
But in many jewelry stores, these types of issues are anything but fiction.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
- Wouldn't You Just Love to Say This to the Customer Who Pooh-Poohs a Complicated Repair?
- Cartoon: And It Was Love at First Sight ...
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.