Wait a minute ... does he ever actually close any sales?
In today's video, Gene the Jeweler is kind enough to divulge his techniques for closing a sale.
Unfortunately, the only thing you'll probably learn from the fictional Gene is how not to do business. Does he ever actually close any sales? With his approach, you have to wonder.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Closing deals in Gene's store starts with one key concept: "Make them buy."
To achieve that, he uses methods such as discounting his products and throwing in extra items — such as mountings — or services. He's even been known to wash a customer's car now and then.
And his staff members have some, shall we say, interesting techniques of their own.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
- Wouldn't You Just Love to Say This to the Customer Who Pooh-Poohs a Complicated Repair?
- Cartoon: And It Was Love at First Sight ...
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.