A law-enforcement officer would come in often in uniform, but one Saturday, he and his wife came in wearing jeans and t-shirts. Going to write up the repair envelope, my clerk said, “I know I know you, but I can’t place you.” He kindly replied, “Bill, the motorcycle officer.” To all of our amusement, my clerk replied without even thinking: “Oh, I didn’t recognize you with your clothes on!” - Frank Cafaro, Frank Cafaro Downtown Jewelers, Miami,FL
This article originally appeared in the February 2018 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Fun Stories
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
- What I Should Have Said to This Rude Customer to Shut Down His Piracy Proposal
- Did This Customer Have Superhuman Vision ... or Was He Seeing Things That Weren't There?
- This Job Is the 'Polar Opposite' of Being a Jeweler
- Gene the Jeweler's 'Free Range' Employees Set Their Own Sales Goals
Don't Gamble with Your Retirement
Let Wilkerson manage every detail of the most important sale of your life.