SmartWork Media won seven Tabbie Awards in the 2014 competition, bringing its 11-year total of editorial and design awards to 66.
In addition to recognition for the editorial and design work in individual articles, SmartWork Media also claimed two top-25 spots for the best single issue, including wins for the May 2013 edition of INDESIGN magazine and the Sep./Oct. edition of INVISION, a magazine for eyecare professionals that launched last year.
"Our first goal is always to provide American businesses with the most useful, most interesting publications possible," says SmartWork Media's group editorial director David Squires. "But recognition for our terrific staff is always welcome. I think this year's TABPI success is a pretty good sign that we're doing the right things to get our readers a publication they will continue to value."
SmartWork Media's magazines have also been recognized by the Folio Awards, min's Editorial & Design Awards, Jewelry Information Center, and the Jesse H. Neal Awards.
SmartWork Media won the following 2014 Tabbie Awards:
- Best Single Issue - Top 25 (16th): INVISION, Sep/Oct 2013
- Best Single Issue - Top 25 (22nd): INDESIGN, May 2013
- Feature Article - Top 25 (8th): INSTORE, February 2013, "Pay Day" by Eileen McClelland
- Focus/Profile - Honorable Mention: INSTORE, April 2013, "Fun on the Plains" by Eileen McClelland
- How-To Article - Honorable Mention: INSTORE, July 2013, "100 Things a Jewelry Salesperson Should Never Do" by Josh Wimmer
- Feature Design - Bronze: INSTORE, July 2013, "100 Things a Jewelry Salesperson Should Never Do" by Karla Durangparang & Victor Cantal
- Opening Page or Spread - Silver: INSTORE, November 2013, "Many Thanks" by Victor Cantal
The 2014 Tabbie Awards featured more than 450 entries, with nominations coming from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa.
Presented by Trade, Association and Business Publications International (TABPI), this editorial and design competition was open to English-language B2B publications worldwide, published at least quarterly.
Complete results, along with selected comments from the judges and samples of the winning entries, are available at www.tabpi.org.Add a comment