Why it is true: Some couples are “significantly compliant” buyers if you show them the outcome first.
Plan of action: In the selling process, jump to the end and paint a picture of the outcome; show them how fantastic their lives will be once they have made their engagement ring investment. Get them talking about how they met, some of the wonderful things they have done together and what their plans are for the future. Do so and you may have a customer for life.
David W. Richardson CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the September 2017 edition of INSTORE.
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.
Latest Know How Stories
- How to Sell a Treated Diamond
- This Valentine's Day, Try Your Jewelry in Bathbombs
- Don’t Believe the Haters; You Can Donate to Every Cause
- When a Client Asked to Swap Her Diamond for a CZ, Did This Retailer Do The Right Thing?
- The Overwhelming Majority of Jewelers Don't Plan to Accept This Popular Currency Anytime Soon