Why it is true: Some couples are “significantly compliant” buyers if you show them the outcome first.
Plan of action: In the selling process, jump to the end and paint a picture of the outcome; show them how fantastic their lives will be once they have made their engagement ring investment. Get them talking about how they met, some of the wonderful things they have done together and what their plans are for the future. Do so and you may have a customer for life.
David W. Richardson CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the September 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?
- The Underappreciated Security Threat to Your Financial Health