Why it is true: Some couples are “significantly compliant” buyers if you show them the outcome first.
Plan of action: In the selling process, jump to the end and paint a picture of the outcome; show them how fantastic their lives will be once they have made their engagement ring investment. Get them talking about how they met, some of the wonderful things they have done together and what their plans are for the future. Do so and you may have a customer for life.
David W. Richardson CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the September 2017 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.
Latest Know How Stories
- How Far are Jewelers Prepared to Go to Save a Sale? Our Brain Squad Answers
- Is a Big Brand Store-in-Store a Fit for You? See What Other Jewelers Say
- After 2 Clients Divorce, an Owner Must Decide Who Owns the Store Credit
- This Simple Thing is Guaranteed to Make a Customer Feel Good
- Have a Young Fan Who Loves Your Store? Here's How to Make Her an Ambassador