A mistake handled professionally is a great opportunity to learn.
Why it is true: Some mistakes are infinitely more critical than others, but most can be proactively resolved.
Plan of action: Sit down with the offender and ask, “What happened?” Listen carefully and try not to interrupt. Ask open-ended questions. Let the employee recognize the seriousness of the issue and determine a solution to ensure it will never happen again.
Source: Dave Richardson
This article originally appeared in the February 2017 edition of INSTORE.
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.
Latest Know How Stories
- How to Sell a Treated Diamond
- This Valentine's Day, Try Your Jewelry in Bathbombs
- Don’t Believe the Haters; You Can Donate to Every Cause
- When a Client Asked to Swap Her Diamond for a CZ, Did This Retailer Do The Right Thing?
- The Overwhelming Majority of Jewelers Don't Plan to Accept This Popular Currency Anytime Soon