For a really impressive Christmas cookie, how about one containing a gem inside? A British online retailer, veryfirstto.com, did this last year with 3-carat diamonds (price tag for the set: 995,000 pounds), but we think less precious gems (garnets, topaz, amethyst or even aquamarines) could work just as well. Gather up all those loose stones you’ve got in a jar in the shop and order your own custom-made store-branded cookies. Sell them in sets of 12.
This article originally appeared in the October 2017 edition of INSTORE.
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.
Latest Know How Stories
- How to Sell a Treated Diamond
- This Valentine's Day, Try Your Jewelry in Bathbombs
- Don’t Believe the Haters; You Can Donate to Every Cause
- When a Client Asked to Swap Her Diamond for a CZ, Did This Retailer Do The Right Thing?
- The Overwhelming Majority of Jewelers Don't Plan to Accept This Popular Currency Anytime Soon