“Great idea! Write it down.”
WHEN TO USE IT? You’re in a staff meeting, and people keep on piping up with ideas that move the discussion in the wrong direction. This phrase will help you get back on track while also showing respect for the employee’s contribution. Build a repertoire of such sayings: e.g. “Definitely something to consider. Note that!”
Source: Seth Godin
This article originally appeared in the December 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.
Latest Know How Stories
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself
- This Simple Trick Can Help You Sell Ideas to Your Team Easily
- This Simple Trick Can Defuse Angry Clients Or Employees
- Here's What to Say When A Customer Tries to Negotiate Or Make Unreasonable Demands