WHY IT IS TRUE: The way you remove a watch from the case, for example, and hand it to the customer sends a message to the customer about the significant value of that watch.
PLAN OF ACTION: Placing the watch on a glass countertop with one hand sends a signal to the customer that this watch is lower value. Holding the watch carefully with a Selvyt cloth and presenting it with both hands to the customer sends an entirely different message. Have your sales staff select a watch and, with both hands and a Selvyt cloth, hand it to someone else. Remind them to keep their attention focused on the piece they are presenting; this will draw their customer’s focus to the item.
This article originally appeared in the January 2018 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.
Latest Know How Stories
- How Far are Jewelers Prepared to Go to Save a Sale? Our Brain Squad Answers
- Is a Big Brand Store-in-Store a Fit for You? See What Other Jewelers Say
- After 2 Clients Divorce, an Owner Must Decide Who Owns the Store Credit
- This Simple Thing is Guaranteed to Make a Customer Feel Good
- Have a Young Fan Who Loves Your Store? Here's How to Make Her an Ambassador