WHY IT IS TRUE: The way you remove a watch from the case, for example, and hand it to the customer sends a message to the customer about the significant value of that watch.
PLAN OF ACTION: Placing the watch on a glass countertop with one hand sends a signal to the customer that this watch is lower value. Holding the watch carefully with a Selvyt cloth and presenting it with both hands to the customer sends an entirely different message. Have your sales staff select a watch and, with both hands and a Selvyt cloth, hand it to someone else. Remind them to keep their attention focused on the piece they are presenting; this will draw their customer’s focus to the item.
This article originally appeared in the January 2018 edition of INSTORE.
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.
Latest Know How Stories
- How to Sell a Treated Diamond
- This Valentine's Day, Try Your Jewelry in Bathbombs
- Don’t Believe the Haters; You Can Donate to Every Cause
- When a Client Asked to Swap Her Diamond for a CZ, Did This Retailer Do The Right Thing?
- The Overwhelming Majority of Jewelers Don't Plan to Accept This Popular Currency Anytime Soon