“Good news! Your diamond fell out here, not on the street.”
When to say it? When a stone falls out during a quick cleaning.
Why say it? Said with a smile, it stirs a wave of relief in the customer and they are usually happy to give you the repair job. Laura Stanley, Laura Stanley Personal Jeweler, Little Rock, AR
This article originally appeared in the January 2018 edition of INSTORE.
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.
Latest Know How Stories
- How to Sell a Treated Diamond
- This Valentine's Day, Try Your Jewelry in Bathbombs
- Don’t Believe the Haters; You Can Donate to Every Cause
- When a Client Asked to Swap Her Diamond for a CZ, Did This Retailer Do The Right Thing?
- The Overwhelming Majority of Jewelers Don't Plan to Accept This Popular Currency Anytime Soon