Why it is true: The first thing most people do when waking up in the morning is check their text messages.
Plan of action: If you want to reach your customer about a critical issue, send him a text message to be seen the very first thing in the morning (and by “critical,” I mean an urgent repair or a special item you have ordered for him). Remarkably, clients will genuinely appreciate your reaching out to them.
Source: David W. Richardson CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the January 2017 edition of INSTORE.
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.
Latest Know How Stories
- How to Sell a Treated Diamond
- This Valentine's Day, Try Your Jewelry in Bathbombs
- Don’t Believe the Haters; You Can Donate to Every Cause
- When a Client Asked to Swap Her Diamond for a CZ, Did This Retailer Do The Right Thing?
- The Overwhelming Majority of Jewelers Don't Plan to Accept This Popular Currency Anytime Soon