WHY IT IS TRUE: Many salespeople think they “know it all” and couldn’t care less if they get better.
PLAN OF ACTION: We’ve all been charmed by a salesperson. They sounded great in the interview, and you had an open position that desperately needed to be filled. Open the door to your training program and see how they respond. Watch their eyes. If they are with you, they are giving it a shot. If not, recognize your mistake and immediately make a change. You wouldn’t be the first person who unknowingly hired a loser, but you could be the last person who unsuccessfully kept that loser.
DAVID W. RICHARDSON CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.
Latest Know How Stories
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself
- This Simple Trick Can Help You Sell Ideas to Your Team Easily
- This Simple Trick Can Defuse Angry Clients Or Employees
- Here's What to Say When A Customer Tries to Negotiate Or Make Unreasonable Demands