WHY IT IS TRUE: Statistics indicate that millennials may be initially more interested in the emotional romance/story surrounding the diamond than the diamond itself.
PLAN OF ACTION: Give them what they’re looking for by sharing romantic stories of engagement ring customers. These stories will make you look like a hero in the eyes of this potential customer. Make sure you present the stories from the viewpoint of the customer, not you the jeweler.
David W. Richardson CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the June 2017 edition of INSTORE.
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.
Latest Know How Stories
- How to Sell a Treated Diamond
- This Valentine's Day, Try Your Jewelry in Bathbombs
- Don’t Believe the Haters; You Can Donate to Every Cause
- When a Client Asked to Swap Her Diamond for a CZ, Did This Retailer Do The Right Thing?
- The Overwhelming Majority of Jewelers Don't Plan to Accept This Popular Currency Anytime Soon