Gucci Spring/Summer 2018 runway. Runway photo courtesy of Rex/Shutterstock
Ultra Violet, Pantone’s Color of The Year for 2018, a color associated with the counter-culture of the ‘60s and pop culture of the ‘80s, evokes originality, artistry and symbolism. Spiritually, it is a color connected to the third eye chakra, representing intuition and wisdom. In the jewelry world, amethyst and shades of purple sapphires are perfect to express designers’ awareness of the cultural associations relevant today as well as their own ingenuity and creativity. Let purple reign!
18K yellow gold Ethel ball ring with amethyst and solid enamel band.
Gem-quality amethysts from Uruguay (15.17 TCW) in 18K gold beaded basket settings with diamond accents.
18K gold ring with amethyst and fancy-colored sapphires.
K8 Jewelry Concepts Bijoux
14K rose gold purple enameled Precious Time pendant with spinel, lavender and pink sapphires.
This article originally appeared in the March 2018 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Products Stories
- From Pink Diamond Phone Cases to the Ultimate Earring Problem Solver, Here's April's Jewelry Pro Gear
- Hearts on Fire Takes Top Spot in Hot Brands for February
- From an Interchangeable Earring System to Enamel Bangles, Here are the Latest New Collections
- Four Jewels for the Customer Who Loves All Things Glittery
- Here's the Earring Trend That Went Long at the SAG Awards
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.